Protecting Your Privacy
Who is Magentus?
- We are a group of companies operating under different names, collectively known as Magentus.
- Magentus Group Pty Limited (ACN 127 151 026)
- Magentus Pty Ltd (ACN 007 229 923)
- Magentus Group Services Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 087 743 879)
- Magentus Practice Management (ACN 086 370 130)
- The Citadel Group Pty Limited (ACN101 963 240)
- Citadel Technology Solutions Pty Ltd (ACN 081 707 673)
- Kapish Services Pty Ltd (ACN 144 850 162)
- Kapish EA Pty Ltd (ACN 116017 728)
Magentus Group is an international technology and software group of companies specialising in health, secure enterprise information management, audio visual design and installation and recruitment, labour hire and consultancy services. We provide secure information management and technology to support health, national security, defence industries.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information includes information or an opinion about an individual from which that individual is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
What Sort of Personal Information Might We Collect and Hold?
- In its business operations, Magentus may collect information in order to provide services to you, your employer, or a person providing services to you. Depending on circumstances, the types of information we collect could include: General Information
This may include:
- fender; and
- date of birth.
This may include:
- phone number;
- email address; or
- postal address.
Location or Physical Location Information
Location may include:
- home or work address; or
- device location when you are using a Magentus software product or service. In these instances, your device location is otherwise only stored on your device and only if you have given your permission to identify your location.
Payment details may include:
- billing address;
- credit card or debit card;
- customer number or account number; or
- bank account details
Usage and Device Data
We may collect technical data such as device ID, internet protocol (IP) address and city associated with the IP address, internet service provider (ISP) from your use of our technology assets (such as our software, website, mobile applications, and social media pages). The information we collect may also depend on your privacy and device settings.
Cookies are small data files that may be downloaded to your computer when you visit a website, which may be used to track your use of that website. Some of the examples of the types of Cookies used include:
- Critical Cookies, which are essential in order for you to visit and use the services on our websites.
- Session cookies, which are deleted after each visit.
- Third Party cookies, which are used by our trusted partners.
Cookies must be enabled in order to use web based software products offered by us and may be used to provide users of your computer with information that we think may interest the users of your computer.
- track your usage of our website;
- support the functioning of our website;
- inform improvements to our website;
- gather data that helps us deliver marketing and advertising content that may be relevant to you;
- track your usage of our software products;
- improve your experience on our software products;
- provide you with better service when you use our software products;
- authenticate your access to our software products; and
- recognise you when you return to our software products.
This information may be linked to any personal information you may provide and may be used to identify you. You can adjust your internet browser to disable or warn you when cookies are used. However, disabling cookies may stop our software products or website from functioning fully.
Login and Verification Details
- Sensitive Information is a type of Personal Information which includes information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, sexual preferences or practices or criminal record, amongst other things. It also includes health information and genetic information about an individual that may not be within the legislative definition of health information.
- We will always seek your consent to collect your Sensitive Information. However, there may be some instances required by law which require us to collect that without your consent, for example in the case of an emergency or if an exemption under the Privacy Act applies.
- In some instances, we may collect Sensitive Information from you, for example, when:
- (if your healthcare professional uses our Virtual Rooms product), your medical information, including diagnoses and diagnostic test results;
- provide information for a public health or safety requirement; or
- are involved in a safety investigation, accident, claim, complaint or health related matter. We will not use your Sensitive Information for direct marketing purposes.
How Does Magentus Collect My Personal Information?
We may collect your Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you through our technology assets, phone calls to our service desks, when you submit an application form or send us a CV, or when you download and use digital apps;
- from other parties (like your treating healthcare professional, your employer, personal representatives, credit reporting agencies, social media sites, and our related companies);
- from public sources, such as the internet;
- from organisations we list under “When do you disclose my Personal Information?” (see below); or
- when we’re required to do so by law.
If you don’t provide us with your Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with our services, or your service provider may be unable to provide you with their services.
How Does Magentus Use My Personal Information?
We may hold, use and disclose your Personal Information as requested by, or consented to, by you to: provide services to you, your employer or your service provider;
- operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics;
- send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you; provide you with information about new services provided by Magentus or its service providers that may be of interest or relevant to your practice or business;
- comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- consider your employment application.
To Whom Might Magentus Disclose My Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our cloud hosting services, websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g.: merchants receiving card payments);
- Medicare, Health Funds or other billing services;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Why do we handle your Personal Information, including Sensitive Information?
We may collect, hold, use or disclose your Personal Information (including Sensitive Information):
- to carry out administrative and office functions;
- to communicate with you about your credentials, accounts or contracts with us;
- to improve our products and services by understanding how you interact with our products and services, partners, supplier, offers, marketing, websites and apps.
- to measure, test, analyse or improve our products or services, partners, offers, marketing and advertisements, websites and apps
- to conduct research and surveys about your experience with us;
- to improve and protect the security of our online engagement with you;
- to make business decisions for example confirming your identity, block, suspend or cancel an account according to applicable terms and conditions, or to facilitate corporate transactions.
Sensitive Personal Information and Government Identifiers
- Magentus only collects sensitive Personal Information in the form of health information where it is doing so in support of a healthcare professional such as Magentus’ Virtual Rooms service to provide services to their clients.
- In these circumstances, Magentus will only use that health information to enable the healthcare professional to provide their services. These services include administering the health professional’s appointments and processing payments to Medicare and any relevant health fund.
- If we collect a Medicare number, we will use it in accordance with the Healthcare Identifiers Act 2010 (Cth).
Communications and Marketing
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Compliance with Laws
We may disclose your Personal Information in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
Maintaining The Security of Your Information
We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures, including restricting physical access to our offices, network firewalls, maintaining secure databases and implementing access controls to keep Personal Information secure from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Magentus also monitors developments in security and encryption technologies as part of its continued data security efforts.
Will Magentus Transfer My Personal Information Outside Australia?
Magentus may hold your information on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
We may disclose your Personal Information overseas to our service providers who assist us in providing services to you or your employer. If we do so it will be for the purposes of providing services to our customers and our service providers will be contractually bound to use your information only for the purposes of which it is disclosed.
Additional Information for EU Residents
Are there Additional Rules for Applications?
Some apps might collect information about your location. This can help us give you or your employer the right service in the right place. Your employer may mandate the use of location services, but if they don’t, we will give you the ability to turn off the location services setting on your mobile device. Just remember, this could result in Magentus being unable to provide you with the service you need.
How Do Magentus Clients Manage My Personal Information?
Magentus specialises in providing secure cloud document management systems to enterprise clients, such as government agencies, health service operators and similar clients. When we do so, we may have access to your Personal Information at the request of the client, when we provide support to those clients. Those Magentus employees with this type of access are carefully controlled and all work under contractual obligations of confidentiality and in accordance with our security certifications and policies. If you wish to obtain more information about Personal Information that one of our clients holds in our infrastructure, you should contact them in the first instance.
Links to Other Sites?
How Can I Access or Correct My Personal Information?
We do everything we can to make sure your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. If you identify an error or want to know more about the Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us using the links below. We may have to verify your identity to make the correction or to provide the information we hold about you.
Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why.
How Do I Complain About My Personal Information?
We take your privacy seriously. If you have any concerns, or you think your Personal Information is inaccurate or has been handled in a way that doesn’t comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. It will help us if you can provide as much detail as possible about your problem.
Once we receive your complaint, we will be in touch to let you know how long it might take us to investigate. Sometimes investigations can take up to 30 days. We will regularly update you as to the progress of your complaint. If you aren’t satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
What Happens if Magentus Changes This Policy?
- by email at [email protected];
- by post at: The Privacy Officer, Magentus Group Pty Limited, Level 46, 600 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000; or
- by telephone on +61 2 6124 0800.